Now Hiring Digital Service Squad – Team Member
This is a contract position with an end date of March 31, 2023
ARE YOU A RECENT GRADUATE, OR PERHAPS LOOKING TO JUMP START YOUR CAREER IN DIGITAL MARKETING & TECHNOLOGY?
Community Futures Yellowhead East, is currently seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidates for the position of Digital Service Squad – Team Member located in the Community Futures Yellowhead East Region.
This is a unique opportunity to support the growth of one of Alberta’s most innovative economic development programs. Supported through The Business Link Digital Economy Program in collaboration with Digital Main Street, this is the first of its kind in Alberta and is funded by the Government of Alberta.
As a member of the Digital Service Squad, you will be a key contributor to the success of the platform and the growth of the program as a whole. Initially, the Digital Service Squad Member will work remotely with local small businesses in the Yellowhead East communities of Swan Hills, Fox Creek, Whitecourt/Woodlands, Mayerthorpe, Barrhead/County of Barrhead, Lac Ste Anne County, Onoway and Alberta Beach.
In the future, the Digital Service Squad Member will be required to travel independently across the Yellowhead East Region.
The focus of the role is to work one-on-one with small businesses and provide the following services:
1. On-boarding Assistance
• Conduct pre-business digital assessment to best understand the neighborhood and businesses.
• Working with the Coordinator to set digital appointments to onboard small businesses to the platform.
• Walk-through the on-boarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
• Assist the business in staying in touch with Business Link and Digital Main Street by subscribing to their e-newsletter and social channels.
2. Advisory Services
• Once the business has been on-boarded, the Team Member will walk through the Digital Assessment and Recommendations with the business owner.
• The Team Member will assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
• The Team Member will also review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead the business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform.
3. Activation/Implementation Services
• The Team Member will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e.: activating social media accounts, creating an online business profile, etc.).
• The Team Member may also provide some resources (articles, links, how-to guides) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated, or subject matter of interest.
4. Reporting and Feedback
• Team Members must complete their field notes and report on a weekly basis to the Program Coordinator and Program Manager.
• Team Members must attend Team Meetings as set out by the Program Manager.
• Halfway through the employment term, an interim performance evaluation will occur to ensure fit.
The Team Member may be required to attend webinars, workshops and events related to Business Link and Digital Main Street. The purpose of which is to communicate the benefits of the program to business owners and to on-board them to the platform. There may be other duties, as required, that will be discussed with the Team Member should they arise.
Qualified applicants will:
• Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal).
• Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills.
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment.
• Eventually be able to travel and work independently.
• Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g.: web, social media, e-commerce, etc.)
• Be able to use basic software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Slack.
• Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset.
• Previous experience with graphic design is considered a strong asset.
• Previous experience working with small businesses is considered an asset
The successful applicant will be expected to work remotely, in the office in Whitecourt, and be able to travel independently around the region.
This job opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Contract length: 15 months
Expected start date: 2021-12-13
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
• Flexible schedule
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: All COVID-19 Safety Protocols are in place and required to be followed.
• Temporarily due to COVID-19