Meet Your Community Futures Yellowhead East Team
Our team of dedicated small business specialists really care about your goals and would love to hear about your plans. Meet our team of business specialists, proudly located in Whitecourt. They’re here and ready to help you.
Michelle joined the CFYE team, as Executive Director, in 2018. She has lived in both the Whitecourt and Woodlands County area for over 35 years, where she raised her family in addition to owning and operating both retail and service industry businesses.
Prior to being a small business owner, Michelle gained extensive training and experience working in the public sector, providing crime prevention education, developing and implementing social programs for various organizations, and was the Executive Director of the local Chamber of Commerce. She holds certification in Strategic Planning, Project Management, and Business Administration.
Michelle's passion for economic development and social programming keeps her heavily involved in both her community and the entire CFYE region. When she is not focused on work, Michelle enjoys numerous outdoor activities, as well as spending time with family and friends.
Her qualifications include:
- Westera Institute of Technology: Administrative Assistant Program
- Continuing Education/University of Alberta Extension Faculty: Leading Strategic Planning, Project Management - Certifications
- Small Business Owner : 20+ years owner/operator, service and retail businesses
- Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce: 3 years, Executive Director
- Community Futures Yellowhead East: 2018 to present
Community Economic Development (CED) Coordinator
Community Futures Yellowhead East (CFYE) is seeking a professional who has the capacity to add an innovative perspective to economic growth in a rural environment.
You inspire dedication and commitment to excellence. Your superior organizational skills, along with combined knowledge and experience of program management, development, implementation, marketing, and promotion, is second to none. As an outgoing, enthusiastic influencer, you know how to build networks and form relationships to engage clients and community partners to meet the needs of our regional stakeholders. Being a strong team player, you are self-motivated and also have the ability to work independently in a flexible, hybrid work environment
• Superior relationship building skills, dynamic interpersonal, written and verbal skills
• Refined listening, collaboration, problem solving and decisions making skills.
• Proven knowledge/experience with program development, implementation, facilitation and community engagement .
• Experience with developing and facilitation of group presentations (virtually and in person) engaging public speaking skills and training facilitation background a necessary skill set.
• Strong understanding of entrepreneurial mindset and business planning
• 1-3 years of program delivery, community engagement, combined with post secondary education in the field of economic development or related field.
• Promotion & Marketing experience, including applied knowledge and experience with social media, graphic design programs, videography.
• Strong working knowledge of Office 365, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Power Point and other online programs, such as zoom.
• Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and be willing and capable of travel throughout the CFYE region.
• The ability to work occasional weekends and or evenings as required
Email Cover Letter & Resume to:
Matthew Joined the Community Futures Yellowhead East team in October of 2020, bringing with him a wide variety of financial expertise in a multitude of sectors ranging from medical products through to major oil and gas producers.
Matthew brings with him an extensive background in both Corporate Finance and Corporate Business Analysis. Matthew Studied at Grant McEwan while residing in Sherwood Park prior to relocating to the Whitecourt Area 12 years ago.
Digital Service Squad
Ian is a recent graduate and a huge technology enthusiast. He has worked at Staples for nearly 2 years as a full time repairman and salesperson, always being at the top of his team! Ian has also been an extremely tech savvy person throughout his earlier years!
Ian is extremely passionate about assisting people with their tech related issues, no matter how simple or complex the issue may be. He has also always been an advocate for teaching people how to use technology to its full potential. Ian uses his creative troubleshooting skills to always find the best solutions or finding alternatives if required!
Let’s see what we can do for your business
Give us a call, send us an email, or drop in for a chat.