Explore our free resources for small business owners and entrepreneurs in the Yellowhead East region.
- Business Plan Template
- Business Planning Canvas
- Cash Flow Projections
- Digital Impression Analysis Worksheet
- Annual Marketing Calendar
- Recordkeeping Best Practices
Grants, Loans & Support
CFYE has received many requests regarding grant listings. Though our office doesn't offer grants, we help direct people to resources. An understanding about grants, to start:
- Grants are often awarded to existing market niches or to encourage and support new market space.
- Grants are non-repayable and intended for long-term sustainability, specific projects, job creation, and are rarely for operating capital.
- The organization's business structure is an important element that determines eligibility.
- Barrhead - Economic Recovery Grant
- FoxCreek - http://foxcreek.ca/.../business-grants-and-incentives/
- Mayerthorpe - https://www.mayerthorpe.ca/engage/grants
- Swan Hills - COVID-19 Business & Non-Profit Support Grant
- Whitecourt - https://www.whitecourt.ca/Government/Municipal-Grant-Opportunities
- https://communityeconomicdevelopment.alberta.ca/grants-funding/ - this site will ask for organization specifics and provide results for all provincial resources they line up with
- https://innovation.ised-isde.canada.ca/s/?language=en_CA - this site will ask for organization specifics and provide results for all federal resources they line up with
- https://web.mentorworks.ca/funding-guide to download the Canadian Business Funding Guide
- https://www.wd-deo.gc.ca/eng/20185.asp Jobs And Growth Fund (JGF)
To off-shoot from there, begin searches for a specific industry or pillar (women, youth, persons with disability, tourism, innovation):
- Aboriginal Youth Business Council
- Alberta Indian Investment Corporation
- Indian Investment Corporation
Indigenous + Tourism Business Financial Support
- Small Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Innovation Science and Economic Development
- Department of Finance - list of all federal support updated daily
- Global Affairs - exports
- Support for Indigenous Businesses
- COVID-19 Supports for your Business
- Relief Measures For Indigenous Businesses
- Support to Businesses - extending the Work-Sharing program, providing small businesses with wage subsidies, Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund
- Apeetogosan Grants and Loans - for Metis or Non-Status Entrepreneurs
- WD - support for western Canadian businesses
- Community Futures - Rural Entrepreneurs
- Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program
- Community Business Fund - for Metis Nation of Alberta Members
- Travel Alberta Investment Cooperative Fund - new intake September 1-30, 2021
Additional Funding Options
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) (*loan)
- CFYE Covid-19 Business Recovery Loans up to $15,000 (*loan)
- Small Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant - up to $20,000 to help offset a portion of their relaunch costs
- Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program (HASCAP): (*loan) Tourism and Hospitality highlighted with HASCAP
- Black Entrepreneur Loan Fund: (*loan) Access $25,000 - $250,000
- Enhanced COVID-19 Business Benefit begins mid-April 2021
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Work-Sharing Program
- Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB) Support for Self-Employed
- SME Direct - Link to gain access to a wealth of small business information available through Industry Canada.
- Bplans.com Small Business Planning Centre - In-depth site of how to start a business.
- Statistics Canada Market Research Handbook - Guide for Canadian Small Businesses
- Statistics Canada - Find the market Information you need
- General Infomation for GST/HST registrants
- Alberta Womens Entrepreneurship
- Sample Business Plans
- CFYE Youth & Student Business Loan Program
- Loan Program for Students - Business Development Bank of Canada's entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Youth Café - Government of Canada website for youth seeking employment opportunities.
Starting A Business
Let’s see what we can do for your business
Give us a call, send us an email, or drop in for a chat.