Explore our free resources for small business owners and entrepreneurs in the Yellowhead East region.
- Essential Guide to Starting a New Business in Rural Alberta
- Buying a Business Checklist
- Small Business Start Up Guide
- Small Business Financial Fundamentals Guide
- Small Business Marketing Guide
- Business Plan Template
- Business Planning Canvas
- Cash Flow Projections
- Staff Affordability Calculator
- Annual Marketing Calendar
- Recordkeeping Best Practices
Grants, Loans & Support
CFYE receives many requests regarding grant listings. Though our office doesn't offer grants, we help direct people to resources.
An understanding about grants, to start:
- Grants are often awarded to existing market niches or to encourage and support new market space.
- Grants are non-repayable and intended for long-term sustainability, specific projects, job creation, and are rarely for operating capital.
- The organization's business structure is an important element that determines eligibility.
- FoxCreek - http://foxcreek.ca/.../business-grants-and-incentives/
- Mayerthorpe - https://www.mayerthorpe.ca/engage/grants
- www.ic.gc.ca/innovationcanada.html - this Business Benefits Finder will ask for organization specifics and provide results for all federal resources they line up with
- https://web.mentorworks.ca/funding-guide to download the Canadian Business Funding Guide
- https://www.wd-deo.gc.ca/eng/20185.asp Jobs And Growth Fund (JGF)
To off-shoot from there, begin searches for a specific industry or pillar (women, youth, persons with disability, agriculture, tourism, innovation):
- SME Direct - Link to gain access to a wealth of small business information available through Industry Canada.
- Bplans.com Small Business Planning Centre - In-depth site of how to start a business.
- Statistics Canada Market Research Handbook - Guide for Canadian Small Businesses
- Statistics Canada - Find the market Information you need
- General Infomation for GST/HST registrants
- Alberta Womens Entrepreneurship
- Sample Business Plans
- Aboriginal Youth Business Council
- Alberta Indian Investment Corporation
- Indian Investment Corporation
- Tips For Hiring Indigenous Employees
Indigenous + Tourism
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Innovation Science and Economic Development
- Department of Finance - list of all federal support updated daily
- Global Affairs - exports
- Support for Indigenous Businesses
- COVID-19 Supports for your Business
- Relief Measures For Indigenous Businesses
- Support to Businesses - extending the Work-Sharing program, providing small businesses with wage subsidies, Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Apeetogosan Grants and Loans - for Metis or Non-Status Entrepreneurs
- WD - support for western Canadian businesses
- Community Futures - Rural Entrepreneurs
- Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program
- Travel Alberta Investment Cooperative Fund - new intake September 1-30, 2021
- Capital Growth Initiative Loan - Low interest business loan, advice and support.
- CFYE Youth & Student Business Loan Program
- Loan Program for Students - Business Development Bank of Canada's entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Youth Café - Government of Canada website for youth seeking employment opportunities.
- Thrive Academy - Focused on supporting idea stage and pre-seed stage startups in the agri-food tech sector; 12 week program.
Non-Profit: Community & Youth-Focused Grants
- ATCO Electric: www.atco.com/en-au/our-commitment/community-engagement/community-investment.html
- Finning: https://www.finning.com/en_CA/company/sustainability/community-investment.html
- Husky Energy/Cenovus: https://www.cenovus.com/responsibility/social-investment.html
- KPMG: https://home.kpmg/ca/en/home/about/the-kpmg-foundation.html
- Royal Bank of Canada: https://www.rbc.com/community-social-impact/apply-for-funding/funding-guidelines-eligibility.html
- Shell Canada: https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/sustainability/communities/community-grant.html
- Sunlife Financial: https://www.sunlife.ca/en/about-us/donations-and-sponsorships/philanthropy-program-guidelines/
- Telus: https://www.telus.com/en/social-impact/giving-back/community-grants
Additional Funding Options
- CFYE Covid-19 Business Recovery Loans up to $15,000 (*loan)
- Black Entrepreneur Loan Fund: (*loan) Access $25,000 - $250,000
Starting A Business
Let’s see what we can do for your business
Give us a call, send us an email, or drop in for a chat.