What Is The Collective?
Community Futures Yellowhead East, in partnership with the Town of Whitecourt and Project Gazelle, have created an inclusive hot desk coworking solution for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
The Collective Experience
The Collective is designed to be a fully functioning shared work desk environment. Whether you are a:
- new entrepreneur working on your business plan
- existing business or home-based business operator looking for that flexible working space solution
- business owner traveling through and need to get connected while you’re in town
The Collective is the perfect affordable short-term solution for your business needs.
How Will It Work?
The Collective is a flexibly scheduled, shared office hot desk space, designed to help assist in the acceleration, growth and success of small businesses in the Whitecourt and Woodlands County region.
What Are The Benefits Of A Coworking Space?
- Affordable Office Space Solution: Fully furnished with the necessary office equipment, resources and supports, no staffing and or overhead costs
- No Lease: The Collective is designed to be an occasional short-term work space to help advance your business. The risk is minimal with no long-term contracts binding you
- Access To Business Supports: CFYE staff will be onsite and available to respond to inquiries related to business coaching, business training, business financing, as well as many other ongoing programs, projects and initiatives
- Business Resources: An onsite resource library, including all the latest local business licensing requirements, reading material and other local business resources will be available on site
- Shared Equipment: Laptops, Printing Stations, Meeting Room, Free Coffee, Phone for local calls, Conference Phone Options, Photo Booth Services for businesses looking to showcase their products
- Networking and Partnerships: Develop life-long business relationships and networking opportunities with other small business owners. Collectively grow, advance, move your business forward!
- Firsthand Information: Be the first to receive information about upcoming networking and training events in your area
Where Is The Collective Coworking Space Located?
The Collective Coorking Space is located within the Community Futures Yellowhead East office at Unit 1, 5023 - 50 Ave, Whitecourt, Alberta.
The Collective Perks
Participants who access The Collective coworking space not only benefit from the opportunity to work from a cooperative office space where they will have the opportunity to network with like-minded entrepreneurs, they will also have access to a list of growing perks which include:
Hot Desk Options
Hourly, half day and full-day booking options, 3 days per week.
Local INDIGENOUS entrepreneurs and small business owners are able to book a desk free of charge
- Tuesday mornings from 9 AM - 12 PM
Local FEMALE entrepreneurs and small business owners are able to book a desk free of charge
- Wednesday mornings from 9 AM - 12 PM
Book your spot by emailing email@example.com or call at 780-706-3500.
Only a few hours of focused work time?
This option offers the flexibility for you to work for
- half day from 9 AM - 12 PM Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
- half day from 1- 4 PM Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons
- full day Thursdays
Some restrictions may apply.
Book your spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by call at 780-706-3500.
Are you visiting from out of town, hoping to use the space for a day or to get out of your home office?
Our full day booking gives you the luxury to do just that. This option gives you the flexibility to come and go at any time during the day of your booking, to get some work done!
Thursdays only for full day bookings.
Some restrictions may apply.
Book your spot by emailing email@example.com or call 780-706-3500.
Not able to commit to a regular schedule, but still need to get work done?
Stop in or book an hour at a desk. You will still have access to all the coworking amenities and be surrounded by an awesome entrepreneurial community.
Space availability may be limited.
Student and youth entrepreneurs are eligible to access all amenities free of charge.
Some conditions or scheduling restrictions may apply.
Hours Of Operation
9 AM - 12 PM, and 1 - 4 PM
- AM - Reserved for local indigenous entrepreneurs. Available by appointment from 9 AM - 12 PM. First come, first served.
- PM - Open for all small business needs. Call to confirm space availability. Available from 1 - 4 PM.
- AM - Reserved for local female entrepreneurs. Available by appointment from 9 AM - 12 PM. First come, first served.
- PM - Open for all local small business needs, 1 - 4 PM. Call in advance to confirm space availability.
- Open to all business operators. Phone to confirm space availability.
- Half Day
- Full Day
- Conference Room
Minimal fees will be implemented after pilot period.