BizStream Small Business Program
We help entrepreneurs in Alberta’s competitive business environment get in the game
As a local company, you may be able to provide a product or service, but standardized health, safety and insurance requirements may prevent you from being eligible to bid on the contracts you want. BizStream Small Business Program can assist you in meeting industry requirements so you can compete for contracts and get in the game.
BizStream Small Business Program provides information and mentoring to rural Alberta businesses with the potential and desire to engage in contracts with the energy sector.
The energy sector requires all companies to demonstrate the following competencies before a direct contracting relationship can be established:
- Health, safety and environment (HSE) compliance
- ISNetworld membership* (see more details below)
- Qualified human resource management personnel
- Management strength
- Financial stability, both historical and current
- Project management abilities for mobilization and implementation planning
- Supply chain management
- Local economic engagement
- Technical solutions and specifications related to the project
To meet the membership requirements of ISNetworld businesses must demonstrate that they possess:
- Insurance certificate
- Safety manuals
- Safety training
- WCB coverage
If your company has the expertise, skills and ambition to engage in contracts with the energy sector, but lacks some of the competencies required to secure these contracts, BizStream Small Business Program could be for you.
BizStream supports the online safety training required for ISNetworld membership and provides access to related online management training. It also connects you to mentors whose valuable knowledge and expertise can help you develop opportunities with Alberta’s energy sector.
- Program fee: $2,500 + $125 (GST) = $2,625
- ISNetworld membership: varies according to business size
- Safety manual costs: as required
To find out more about BizStream Small Business Program, contact us today!